fall out boy 8/10/14 concert
- pete: you know I've been charging up backstage with the super moon so i can last all night if you know what i mean patrick
- patrick: *says nothing* *starts singing grand theft autumn*
It’s important to make friendships that are deeper than gossiping and drinking and smoking and going out.
Make friends who you can go get breakfast with, make friends you can cry with, make friends who support your life goals and believe in you.
That’s what friends are oh my god this is just like the relationship posts all over again
I believe we specify that anyone who does the upper portion without doing any of the lower is a ‘fair weather’ friend.
I think I know why we’re seeing so many posts like these, and I’ll pull from my own experiences to explain it.
The majority of tumblr’s userbase is comprised of teenagers, high school kids. When I was in high school, I had a sizeable circle of friends, but the people I saw the most were “fair weather” friends. They were the ones I spent the most time with; one of them was abusive, and I didn’t really realize it until my senior year.
A lot of kids in high school have "fair weather" friends, so they don’t really understand what it’s like to be in a mature relationship with someone else. They’ve, perhaps, never had friends they can go to breakfast with, or cry with, or friends who support their life goals and believe in them, because, let’s face it, most kids in high school don’t really talk about that stuff. They’re in it for the fun; they’re still young and stupid.
That’s not to say that every high school kid only has “fair weather” friends, or that every high school kid lacks an understanding of mature relationships. It’s just very likely that this is why we see posts like this: these kids are young, and they just don’t know the difference between immature relationships and mature relationships.
We think it’s hilarious, but it’s actually just that they’re younger than we are, and are experiencing different things.
I’m working on an original story called Heartsong, which has been in the works and reworks for a few years now. Think soulmate AUs.
Just for kicks, here’s a preview (~1,000 words):
Looking up covers of Centuries on YouTube, more like
Ultimate Star Trek Asks
- 1. Describe your ideal holodeck program.
- 2. Would you most likely be found at Ten Forward, Quark's, or the mess hall?
- 3. Which planet would you make your home?
- 4. Which non-Federation species would you like to be?
- 5. Favorite TOS quote?
- 6. Favorite TNG quote?
- 7. Favorite DS9 quote?
- 8. Favorite VOY quote?
- 9. Favorite ENT quote?
- 10. Which character would you clash with the most?
- 11. What would be the best part about living on a starship/space station?
- 12. Best captain?
- 13. Best first officer?
- 14. Best chief engineer?
- 15. Best doctor?
- 16. What would be your personal "captain's beverage"?
- 17. Favorite piece of 24th century technology?
- 18. Which character would you want to vacation with on Risa?
- 19. Which position on a starship would you occupy?
- 20. Which villain would you send out the nearest airlock?
- 21. Would you consider joining Section 31?
- 22. As a captain, how would you style your hair?
- 23. Describe an ideal night at Quark's.
- 24. Favorite TOS scene?
- 25. Favorite TNG scene?
- 26. Favorite DS9 scene?
- 27. Favorite VOY scene?
- 28. Favorite ENT scene?
- 29. Which character's story would you like to adopt as your own?
- 30. Would you give up the captain's chair for a shot at admiralty?
- 31. What would you name a star your ship discovered?
- 32. Would you consider traveling with Q for eternity?
- 33. Which character would you want to be trapped with in the turbo lift?
- 34. What would be your signature catchphrase as a captain?
- 35. What is your favorite competitive game to play on the holodeck?
- 36. What is the worst fate you can imagine for your ship?
- 37. Which character would you want to share a cup of coffee with on a weekly basis?
- 38. What would be the most honorable death?
- 39. Which two characters would you want as your parents?
- 40. Which alien ability would you choose?
- 41. Favorite TOS episode?
- 42. Favorite TNG episode?
- 43. Favorite DS9 episode?
- 44. Favorite VOY episode?
- 45. Favorite ENT episode?